Cores & Coatings
Donaghys are a specialist manufacturer of braids for project superyachts and specialist rigger requirements. Carefully blended yarns within leading edge constructions, take rope performance to a new level making Donaghys the first choice for leading racing teams.
We work with all high performance fibre cores including 12 strand single braids. We have three different coating options designed to work with high performance fibres to enhance or protect the performance of our specialty braids. These coating options include Armorcoat, Bindacoat and Watershield. Donaghys Performance cores are available with either Armorcoat if exposed or Bindacoat if one of the cover systems are selected.
We welcome enquiry for specialty products built to exacting standards to provide optimal purpose built performance. Choosing Donaghys could make the difference between winning and losing so don't take that risk!
Donaghys Leisure Marine brochure Download
PBO (Zylon®) core
- 12 strand single braid PBO fibre (Zylon® core)
Ocean12 SK90 (SK90 Dyneema®) core
- 12 strand single braid Dyneema® SK90 fibre
- The ultimate in performance and strength, 13% stronger than Ocean12 HS
Ocean12 HS (SK78 Dyneema®) core
- 12 strand single braid Dyneema® SK78 fibre
- Heat stretched for improved strength and lower elongation
- Reduced creep characteristics
Ocean12 (SK78 Dyneema®) core
- 12 strand single braid Dyneema® SK78 fibre with reduced creep characteristics
Superbraid (UHMwPE) core
- 16, 24 strand single braid UHMwPE fibre
Yachtmaster XS (HT Polyester) core
- 8, 16 or 24 plait single braid HT Polyester fibre
Donaghys Armorcoat is specifically designed to work with high performance fibres enhancing their abrasion resistance, UV protection and to make splicing easier. The state of the art aqueous aliphatic coating utilises nanotechnology to bond to the individual fibres creating a protective barrier on the braid.
- Enhances abrasion resistance and UV protection
- Makes splicing easier
Donaghys Bindacoat is designed to act as an intermediary membrane linking high performance cores to their covers, eliminating core cover slippage. This allows Donaghys to maximise the amount of material packed into a core greatly increasing the performance of the product. Bulky intermediate covers take up this valuable space reducing cost but also greatly reducing the performance.
- Eliminates core cover slippage
Donaghys Watershield can be used by itself or combined with either Armorcoat or Bindacoat to obtain a durable water resistant coating on most fibres.
- Water resistant coating
To make an enquiry about this product please call 0800 942 006, contact your local Territory Manager, or fill out the enquiry form below.