Donaghys are an integral supplier of all rope products to the Telco industry. We are the sole Telstra Approved Contract supplier for Parramatta, Orange Fibre Optic, Jetlines and Cablemaster Lines along with the various lashings, cords and twines listed on the contract.
All products are built, labelled and tested to conform to the original Telstra designated standards for the products to perform optimally in the applications. Donaghys is an ISO9001:2000 manufacturer since certification in 29/4/93.
New fibre developments and the greater demands in hauling programs have enabled Donaghys to add the Total Solution offer in hauling. Dyneema and Spectra Ultra High Modulus fibres enable rope constructions of superior strength to wire rope in light weight, low stretch and long continuous lengths for custom built requirements. Your total solution can be provided with custom fittings, spliced on specialty reels or bulk cartons to meet your requirements.
Telstra & Fibre Optic Rope
Certified Telstra Rope
Donaghys are the specified supplier under the Telstra rope contract. Our rope is manufactured to stringent quality standards and exceed the minimum criteria specified by Telstra in the contract. This rope is 6mm in diameter with 2 Blue and 1 Yellow strand and is used in either 400m or 500m coils.
There are many copy products which when tested do not meet the strength, weight, labelling or tangle free coil feed built into our product. BEWARE of non certified substitutes as use in Telstra work will void your contract if detected and will invoke warranty replacements.
- Certified under the Telstra Contract 03_022
- Tangle free uncoiling to coil end, no waste
- App Break Force 602 kg
- Supplied in minimum pallet lots, 45 coils
4mm PP Aquatec Rope
Donaghys 4mm PP/PE (Polypropylene/Polyethylene) Aquatec Rope is a medium rope used for small to medium cables into main ducts at 100mm I.D.
- 3 strand construction with 1000m continuous length
- Packaged on easy use flange reels
- App Break Force of 200kg
- Available in green
3mm PP Mono Braid
Donaghys 3mm PP (Polypropylene) Mono Braid is a Telstra certified light rope used in Fibre Optic Cable installation into main ducts.
- Much stronger than PE Mono Substitutes
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Braided construction handles well
- Easily spliced
- App Break Force of 90kg
- Available in orange in 1000m reel
- Telstra item code: 675/00083
Aquatec ropes are manufactured from Donaghys developed PP/PE crushed mono yarn blend then 3 stranded with the optimal lay for higher strength, excellent abrasion resistance and splicing. Ideally suited to applications of marine fishing and heavy industrial use where reliability is key. Beware of imitations, Donaghys Aquatec rope has a distinctive Green with Gold mark colouring.
- 3 strand & 8 strand ropes
- PP/PE blend combines the best of each fibre characteristics of abrasion resistance, strength and shock load resistance
- High strength and UV resistant
Cablemaster Hauling Braid
Donaghys Cablemaster braid is a 6mm Hauling braid designed in conjunction with Telstra Operations.
- High strength and abrasion resistant
- Excellent handling
- Parallel Polyester core with red intermediate jacket and white external cover
- Red jacket is visual wear alert that external jacket is damaged and rope retirement is required
- Min Break Force 1100 kg
- Telstra item code: 675/301
Yachtmaster XS Double Braid
Hauling braid with balanced and harmonised core of HT Polyester.
- Easy to splice, flexible sheetline
- High jacket to core ratio assisting long life
- Available in 6mm to 30mm diameter in 100m spools
- White with Red, Green, Blue or Blue/Red fleck colour options
Superspeed Hauling Braid
Hauling braid with minimal stretch easy splice 12 plait UHMwPE core.
- Super hard wearing HT polyester jacket
- Harmonised core/jacket construction minimises slippage and creep
- Available in 2mm to 18mm in 100m spools in a range of colour options
Superbraid Hauling Braid
A hauling braid with UHMwPE core with HT Polyester cover which provides high strength with minimum stretch and weight.
- Anti-slip coating on core prevents core/cover slippage and protects core if cover is removed
- Withstands shock loadings and accepts a tighter radius and knots better than Aramids
- Available in 6mm to 30mm in 100m spools in a range of colours
Jetline/Mousing Lines & Accessories
Donaghys Paktwines are made from virgin Polypropylene for high strength and durability. Used as Jetline/Mousing lines.
- Premium & Heavy options to suit your application
- Pull from centre spools for tangle free deployment of lashing
- 2830 tex (Premium) 1/350, available in 2 x 1300m spools
- 1970 tex (Heavy) 1/500, available in 2 x 1900m spools
- App Break Force of 110kg for Premium & 85kg for Heavy
Nylon Waxed Whipping Line
Donaghys Nylon Waxed Whipping twine is wax impregnated to bind, sew and protect for high strength whipping.
- 470 tex
- Telstra item code: 675/00043
Polynet Bunch Heat Sealed Bags
Donaghys Polynet Bunch Heat Sealed Bags (otherwise known as Onion bags) are manufactured from Polyethylene and sealed at one end for wire separation at junctions.
- Red colour
- 5000 per carton
- Telstra item code: 438/00053
Total Solutions - Splicing & Fittings
Standard Thimble Eye Splice
- With open "V" available in galvanised steel, stainless steel or nylon
- Strengthens and protects spliced eye against abrasion
- Light applications e.g. anchor ropes
Soft Eye Splice Applications
- Flexible soft eye which can be tailored for inner eye sizing
- All rope constructions i.e. 3 strand, 8, 12 and 16 plait can be spliced
Endless Spliced Grommet
- A flexible continuous rope join primarily for 12 strand ropes
- Join to be positioned between bearing point and load
- Realises 1.6 times strength of braid tensile
Tube Webbing Serving
- Available for soft eye covering or both eyes and full body
- Protects from grit which can cause internal or external damage through abrasion
- Applying to eye gives added life by protecting at the bearing point
Tubed Steel Thimble
- Hard eye fitting which holds and protects rope in tubing around thimble
- Fittings available to suit varying rope diameters
It is important that a whipping be put on any bare end of rope in order to prevent the unlaying and fraying of the strands.
- Winch line delivered to a customer in this form, allows for easy rewinding onto their winch drum
- Also protects line against damage during transport
Eye Sling with Safety Latch
- This fitting is usually used in conjunction with a steel captive thimble in dragline applications (mining and heavy industry)
This fitting is usually used in conjunction with a steel captive thimble in dragline applications (mining and heavy industry).
Captive Thimble Eye & Gusseted Tube Thimble
- Captive thimble eye has welded "V"
- Both suited to heavy duty applications
- Captive thimble retains synthetic ropes within thimble under high loads and allows unrestricted use of heavier fittings e.g. shackles and rings
- Gusset prevents the expansion or distortion of thimble under high loads, but reduces the size of connecting fitting that can be used
Extra Heavy Duty Towing Strop
- Completed 80mm x 3m
- Manufactured from UHMwPE/Dyneema SK78® Urethane coated
- Tensile strength 419.4 Tons
- Fitted with a 96mm marine grade cast steel galvanised captive thimble each end
- The body of the strop is covered with a rubber tube for added protection to reduce abrasion and prevent penetration of debris into the rope fibres
To make an enquiry about this product please call 0800 942 006, contact your local Territory Manager, or fill out the enquiry form below.