Wire Replacement & Vehicle Recovery Strops
Donaghys have developed the ultimate in high strength Fibre Rope Technology in our Ocean12 and Winchline product range. Dyneema SK75 (& SK90) and UHMwPE are the world's strongest fibres with the ultimate strength to weight ratio for high performance and safety applications.
These high strength soft fibre ropes have a greater strength to weight ratio than steel wire alternatives and almost zero recoil effect if a break should occur. As a steel wire replacement, these ropes are lighter, safer and stronger than steel in many applications. It's very light density allows the rope to float and it is exceptionally light for handling compared to wire alternatives. The strength of the Ocean12 range means that it is ideal for use in both high performance racing and industrial applications where safety is key.
Our new Mongoose Heavy Duty Tow Strops have been designed with safety in mind. Lightweight and flexible, these vehicle recovery strops reduce the risk of back and hand injuries on your work site.
Mongoose Vehicle Recovery Tow Strops
Mongoose Heavy Duty Tow Strop
Donaghys' Mongoose Heavy Duty Tow Strop is a 12 strand UHMwPE tow rope designed for industrial and light vehicle and 4x4 vehicle recovery.
The Mongoose vehicle recovery strops come fitted with a heavily protected soft eye splice in each end and feature a tight heavy duty HT Nylon cover to minimise ingress of dirt and assist cleaning.
- Low elongation
- Minimal re-coil and kinetic energy at break
- Traceability (durable I/D tags)
- Highly resistant to wear and flex fatigue
- Strops to 500 Tonne
- Certified to Tonnage rating
Dyneema / UHMPE Braids
Donaghys Winch line is 8 times lighter and 70% stronger than Steel Wire rope. Coated with Donaghys Armorcoat, this braid has high abrasion resistance and can be customised with covers and fittings to suit specific applications.
- Low stretch
- High UV resistance
- Floats and does not absorb water
- High internal and external abrasion resistance
- Virtually no recoil in the unlikely event of failure
- Non rotational
Donaghys Superbraid is a high performance yacht braid developed through exhaustive testing on super yachts, Jules Verne, The Race, Whitbread, Volvo Ocean Race, America’s Cup, IOR, IMS, IMR and Olympic yachts. This development programme has seen subtle but significant changes to Superbraid as fibre technology and manufacturing techniques improve. Superbraid’s versatility and advantages over traditional wire rope have seen an increase in its use across a broad range of applications.
- Light weight UHMwPE core with HT Polyester cover provides high strength with minimal stretch
- Treated with Donaghys Bindacoat on core to prevent core/cover slippage
- Withstands shock loadings and accepts a tighter radius and knots better than Aramids
- Suitable for all running rigging applications
Splicing & Fittings
Standard Thimble Eye Splice
- With open "V" available in galvanised steel, stainless steel or nylon
- Strengthens and protects spliced eye against abrasion
- Light applications e.g. anchor ropes
Soft Eye Splice Applications
- Flexible soft eye which can be tailored for inner eye sizing
- All rope constructions i.e. 3 strand, 8, 12 and 16 plait can be spliced
Endless Spliced Grommet
- A flexible continuous rope join primarily for 12 strand ropes
- Join to be positioned between bearing point and load
- Realises 1.6 times strength of braid tensile
Tube Webbing Serving
- Available for soft eye covering or both eyes and full body
- Protects from grit which can cause internal or external damage through abrasion
- Applying to eye gives added life by protecting at the bearing point
Tubed Steel Thimble
- Hard eye fitting which holds and protects rope in tubing around thimble
- Fittings available to suit varying rope diameters
Captive Thimble Eye & Gusseted Tube Thimble
- Captive thimble eye has welded "V"
- Both suited to heavy duty applications
- Captive thimble retains synthetic ropes within thimble under high loads and allows unrestricted use of heavier fittings e.g. shackles and rings
- Gusset prevents the expansion or distortion of thimble under high loads, but reduces the size of connecting fitting that can be used
It is important that a whipping be put on any bare end of rope in order to prevent the unlaying and fraying of the strands.
- Winch line delivered to a customer in this form, allows for easy rewinding onto their winch drum
- Also protects line against damage during transport
Eye Sling with Safety Latch
- This fitting is usually used in conjunction with a steel captive thimble in dragline applications (mining and heavy industry)
Extra Heavy Duty Towing Strop
- Completed 80mm x 3m
- Manufactured from UHMwPE/Dyneema SK78® Urethane coated
- Tensile strength 419.4 Tons
- Fitted with a 96mm marine grade cast steel galvanised captive thimble each end
- The body of the strop is covered with a rubber tube for added protection to reduce abrasion and prevent penetration of debris into the rope fibres
This fitting is usually used in conjunction with a steel captive thimble in dragline applications (mining and heavy industry).
To make an enquiry about this product please call 0800 942 006, contact your local Territory Manager, or fill out the enquiry form below.