Splicing & Fittings
Donaghys can provide splicing and fittings customised to your requirements. Contact your local Donaghys Territory Manager for more information.
Standard Thimble Eye Splice
- With open "V" available in galvanised steel, stainless steel or nylon
- Strengthens and protects spliced eye against abrasion
- Light applications e.g. anchor ropes
Soft Eye Splice Applications
- Flexible soft eye which can be tailored for inner eye sizing
- All rope constructions i.e. 3 strand, 8, 12 and 16 plait can be spliced
Endless Spliced Grommet
- A flexible continuous rope join primarily for 12 strand ropes
- Join to be positioned between bearing point and load
- Realises 1.6 times strength of braid tensile
Tube Webbing Serving
- Available for soft eye covering or both eyes and full body
- Protects from grit which can cause internal or external damage through abrasion
- Applying to eye gives added life by protecting at the bearing point
Tubed Steel Thimble
- Hard eye fitting which holds and protects rope in tubing around thimble
- Fittings available to suit varying rope diameters
Captive Thimble Eye & Gusseted Tube Thimble
- Captive thimble eye has welded "V"
- Both suited to heavy duty applications
- Captive thimble retains synthetic ropes within thimble under high loads and allows unrestricted use of heavier fittings e.g. shackles and rings
- Gusset prevents the expansion or distortion of thimble under high loads, but reduces the size of connecting fitting that can be used
It is important that a whipping be put on any bare end of rope in order to prevent the unlaying and fraying of the strands.
- Winch line delivered to a customer in this form, allows for easy rewinding onto their winch drum
- Also protects line against damage during transport
Eye Sling with Safety Latch
- This fitting is usually used in conjunction with a steel captive thimble in dragline applications (mining and heavy industry)
Extra Heavy Duty Towing Strop
- Completed 80mm x 3m
- Manufactured from Ocean12 Dyneema SK75® Urethane coated
- Tensile strength 419.4 Tons
- Fitted with a 96mm marine grade cast steel galvanised captive thimble each end
- The body of the strop is covered with a rubber tube for added protection to reduce abrasion and prevent penetration of debris into the rope fibres
This fitting is usually used in conjunction with a steel captive thimble in dragline applications (mining and heavy industry).
To make an enquiry about this product please call 0800 942 006, contact your local Territory Manager, or fill out the enquiry form below.